Monday, April 28, 2014

Ariba Deployment Models

SuccessFactors has Full Cloud HCM and Talent Hybrid deployment models for its solutions. When I mentioned this to the Ariba integration product management team, they pointed out to me that they too have
two main deployment models for the solutions Ariba provides. I think of the first deployment model as the Full Cloud Procurement deployment model, even though the Ariba team does not explicitly call it that. At least not yet.

My colleagues pointed out to me that the second deployment model is were customers run part of their procurement process in the cloud with Ariba and part of the process on-premise.

You may or may not have heard the term 'Hybrid Procurement' in the official Ariba material. However, think about this model as Hybrid Procurement.

There are two main scenarios in the Hybrid procurement model. The first scenario is where customers find the things they want to buy using Ariba, but order and pay using on-premise software.


In the second hybrid procurement scenario, customers find and order things in the cloud using Ariba software but pay using on-premise software.


My product management colleagues were quick to point out that while these are the main scenarios, theoretically there could be more combinations. I have decided to stick with these two scenarios for the sake of my own understanding and for the sake of simplicity.

If you are an Ariba expert, please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...