Sunday, March 03, 2013

Antifragile

I started reading the book Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Like all his previous books, this one is profound and thought provoking.

I think his concepts apply to the enterprise software industry.
I see this everyday when I speak to customers. There are customers who realize that change is coming and ask me how they can take advantage of the change and then there are ones that give me reasons why they are different and ask me how they can maintain status quo in their organizations.

With many disruptive changes going on in the industry, the companies and people who will gain are the ones who embrace change and gain from the disorder. Those who resist and hope for status quo to continue are bound to lose.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...