Saturday, January 05, 2013

How I Learned To Draw A Pine Tree From A Teacher In The UK

I spent a few days in Portland Oregon with family. I spent some time drawing the beautiful landscape and neighborhood. In the Pacific Northwest, there are always pine trees in the landscape. While I was comfortable drawing still objects, people and architecture, I was not very experienced in drawing pine trees. Dissatisfied with my work, I decided to learn how to do it and went to University of Google to search for teachers. In five minutes I found a teacher who showed me via video exactly what I wanted to know. I learned, I practiced and drew the pine trees to my satisfaction.

As I have mentioned before, video is a effective teaching and collaboration tool. It can replace hours of written instruction or PowerPoint presentations. Video sharing and screen capture ought to be a core part of any social software at work.

Here is the video showing how to draw a pine tree.



This is the picture where I drew the pine trees. I drew the one near the garage before watching this video and drew the one on the top left corner after I understood how to draw a pine tree. You will notice a marked improvement. By the way, SAP Jam has both video sharing and video creation capabilities it the core product. It is one of the most popular features of SAP Jam particularly with the learning and development teams.

If you would like to see more of my holiday drawings, you can do so here.

Pine trees


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...